ZJ 1 Ton Steering Kit & Steering Box Brace
This steering package makes the best of your Jeep's steering. Giving you the beefy 1 Ton Steering and combining it with our steering box brace. This setup will strengthen your steering and give you tighter control.
1 Ton UTK Steering
The intersected T steering system has long been a reliable budget friendly option for entry level super strong steering on solid axle jeeps. However, this system has been plagued by a terrible “flip flop” or tie rod roll. We have solved this issue with our signature high durometer poly lock out boots for the tie rod ends. Tie rod inserts or a reamer are required to make this fit on your jeep.
This steering is designed to be stronger than OE and create no “toe in” change through the suspension cycle.
This kit includes:
- 1 – Heavy wall drag link with wrench flats on right hand thread side.
- 1 – Heavy wall tie rod with wrench flats on right hand side.
- 2 – High durometer poly lock out washers to go in the place of the OE dust boots on both tie rod ends.
All required rod ends, jam nuts, grease fittings, cotter pins and castle nuts.
Options available for x3 Tapered Inserts or 1 Ton Reamer. Additional Poly Lock-out washer available for the intersection rod (highly recommended for lifts over 4.5").
Steering Box Brace
Our Steering Box Brace with sector shaft support, braces the sector shaft and clamps the steering box. This combination allows no play to be transferred anywhere. Weak aging unibodies are prone to flex with the force of the steering box pushing against it. Our steering brace clamps the steering box, so this cannot happen. As well as a pillow block bearing grabbing the sector shaft to eliminate leverage put on the steering box. This drastically improves steering box life and eliminates 99% of nasty steering wheel play.
- Bolt-on, all hardware included.
- No drilling needed.
- 1/4" bracket laser cut and CNC formed.
- No more broken or cracked unibodies from steering force!
- Does not clear factory sway bar. Adapter brackets available.
- 100% American made.
Add Sway Bar Drop Brackets
If you are still sporting your stock sway bar, we/ have found that not all XJ sway bars are the same. While some clear our sector shaft support bearing fine, others do not. We have designed these 2.125" drop brackets to solve this problem.
- Laser-cut and CNC formed from high strength 3/16" steel plate.
- Extended 10.9 grade hardware included.
- Works with or without our steering box brace system.
- Helps improve sway bar angles on lifted jeeps.
- Powder-coated finish.