WJ Knuckle Swap Kit UTK
This is a kit to help you get your swap rolling with some of the key necessities. The WJ knuckle swap is a common steering solution for those who want an UNDER The Knuckle high steer steering setup, and have the benefits of large brakes for more stopping power. The WJ Grand Cheorkee passenger side knuckle has a high steer arm for the draglink from factory. This eliminates the need for an intersecting tie rod and other variations of a Y link steering setup. No more tie rod roll or bad geometry! Just direct high clearance steering with brakes that bite.
This kit is desinged to be ran Under The Knuckle.
Our kit includes:
- 7075 T6 Aluminum Draglink with 1 Ton rod ends
- 7075 T6 Aluminum Tie Rod with 1 Ton rod ends (offsets optional)
- Over The Axle Track Bar Bracket
- Over The Axle Track Bar
- Frameside Track Bar Bracket (Choose Style: Regular, 1" Drop, Offset)
- Track Bar Crossbrace
- WJ Knuckle Spacers
- 1 Ton Reamer
All You need to source is:
- WJ Knuckles (WJ Grand Cherokees are everywhere in salvage yards)
- Slotted WJ Rotors for 5x4.5 hubs
- WJ Brake Calipers (MUST be akebono brand)
- WJ Brake Caliper Brackets
While you're at it, we also recommend you grab:
- New ball joints
- New Hubs (2004-2006 TJs have longer studs)
Looking to do Hydro assist? Add on our Hydro Steering Skid as well.