Universal 2" Air Bump Can Mount
Over the years, air bumps, or hydraulic bump stops, have become increasingly common on home built rigs and not just race builds. They give the ability to control upward suspension travel and impacts with unmatched forgiveness to the vehicle and your teeth or spine. One of the issues for the home builder is how to mount them in a manner that is simple and correct. This simple DIY box bracket allows for the can to be set into place in the notching, welded and this bracket be welded to the frame in the manner needed by the installer. The angle of the box bracket sets the bump stop at a 1” per foot taper towards the tire. Details as follows:
- Designed for use with a 3.5” tall frame and taller.
- Made from ¼” thick, 50,000 psi steel for unmatched strength and durability.
- Designed with 2.25” radius for 2.25” can (2” air bump)
- Minor grinding may be needed for exact fitment of can (bend allowances create this)
- Overheated welding may swell the can and make it hard for the bump to slide into the can. A small cylinder hone available at auto parts stores helps solve this issue after welding.